Curried Lentil and Vegetable Wrap with Yogurt Sauce
- 2 tablespoons preferred vegetable oil, divided
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped or pressed
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Fine sea salt
- 1 cup red lentils
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into bite-sized florets
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 clamshell (5oz) baby spinach
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- ½ medium cucumber, grated
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 4 Tumaro’s 8” Garden Veggie Carb Wise Wraps
- Chopped fresh cilantro, optional
- In a medium saucepan heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium. Add onion and garlic and saute until onion is softened, 6-8 minutes. Stir in curry powder, tomato paste, and ¾ teaspoon salt and cook, stirring, 1 minute more. Add lentils and stock, bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover, and simmer gently until lentils are tender and not watery, 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add cauliflower, carrot, and ¾ teaspoon salt. Saute until cauliflower begins to brown, about 6 minutes. Add ¼ cup water to skillet, cover, and cook until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in spinach and cook just until wilted.
- In a small bowl stir together yogurt, cucumber, coriander, cumin, and ½ teaspoon salt.
- Lay wraps on a countertop. Top with lentils, vegetables, yogurt sauce, and cilantro if desired. Serve immediately.