Cajun Salmon Wraps with Paprika Sauce
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 small onion
- 2 cans (about 10oz total) salmon
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons preferred vegetable oil, divided
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon pickle relish
- ½ teaspoon hot sauce
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 Tumaro’s 8” 9-Grain with Seeds Carb Wise Wraps
- Thinly slice red and green bell pepper, then dice enough to get ¼ cup each green and red pepper. Set remaining sliced pepper aside. Thinly slice onion, then mince enough to get 2 tablespoons. Set remaining onion aside.
- In a large bowl combine salmon, egg, crumbs, diced green and red bell pepper, minced onion, 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning, and ½ teaspoon salt. Form mixture into small cakes, using a scant ¼ cup per cake.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium. Fry cakes, turning once, until browned on both sides.
- Wipe out skillet, place back over medium heat, and add remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Add sliced green and red bell pepper and onion and ¼ teaspoon salt and saute until softened, about 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl mix together mayonnaise, paprika, remaining 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning, relish, hot sauce, remaining ¼ teaspoon salt, and garlic powder.
- To serve, divide sautéed peppers and onions between wraps, then top with salmon cakes and drizzle with sauce.